Angela A. Stout
Angela A. Stout was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 2007. Ms. Stout has practiced law since 2007, with an emphasis in representing clients in family law matters including contested custody disputes and high-asset divorce suits with complex property issues.
She earned her Juris Doctorate degree from South Texas College of Law in May of 2007.
Ms. Stout became Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in December of 2015. The Texas Board of Legal Specialization is a specialized group of attorneys that must obtain exceptional experience in a specific area of law, pass a comprehensive exam, and complete ongoing continuing legal education in that specialized area.
Additionally, Ms. Stout is certified as a mediator by the A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center and is a certified arbitrator by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Prior to her legal education, Ms. Stout attended Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Ms. Stout graduated magnum cum laude from Vanderbilt where she double majored in Political Science and Human and Organizational Development, focusing primarily on Community Development and Social Policy.
A Texas native, Ms. Stout grew up in San Angelo, Texas and moved to the Houston area in 2004. She is active in the legal community and the community at large and is a member of many organizations including the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, the Family Law Section of the Houston Bar Association, the Texas Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists, Burta Rhoads Raborn Family Law American Inn of Court, Association of Women Attorneys, the Junior League of Houston, and SPJST Lodge 88.
Awards and Accolades
Ms. Stout has been recognized as a “Texas Super Lawyer” for seven years in a row (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) by Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters. In 2023, she was recognized on the Top 100 attorneys in Houston list and Top 50 Women attorneys in Texas. The same publication recognized her as a “Rising Star” in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. Ms. Stout was also honored with the President’s Award by the Houston Bar Association in 2019, for outstanding service to her local bar.
Ms. Stout has also presented the following publications at the following continuing legal education
- Oops I Did it Again – Property Enforcements, 2023 Houston Bar Association.
- Folsom Prison Blues: Enforcements with Contempt – Family Law Essentials Giving Back to your Community, 2021 Legal aid Northwest Texas.
- Kramer v. Kramer in a Pandemic: Family Law in Lockdown, 2020 Houston Bar Association.
- Advanced Family Law for Immigration Practitioners, 2016 the American Bar Association Children’s Immigration Law Academy.
- Family Law Essentials – Giving Back to Your Community, 2014 San Angelo Bar Association.
- Child Support: A Methodical Approach, 2011 South Texas College of Law 25th Annual Family Law Conference.
- Characterization and Reimbursement: A Guide to the Basics Post-September 2,2009, 2010 Houston Bar Association.
- Yearning for Zion, 2009 Bill of Rights Convention.