• Aug.24.2018
  • FAQ

Moving out of state can be complicated when custody issues are involved. Check your current order to determine whether a geographic restriction is included in the order limiting the residence of your children to a particular area. If there is a geographic restriction in place, in most instances you will need to file a modification to lift the restriction. Sometimes the other parent conservator is willing to sign a written agreement authorizing the move.

In those instances it is prudent to file the necessary paperwork to formally modify the previous order and have the other parent conservator sign off on the agreed modification. If you have additional questions regarding relocation issues, contact the experienced Houston child custody lawyers The Stout Law Firm, P.L.L.C.

Angela Stout

Angela A. Stout was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 2007. Ms. Stout has practiced law since 2007, with an emphasis in representing clients in family law matters. She earned her Juris Doctorate degree from South Texas College of Law in May of 2007. Ms. Stout became Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in December of 2015. The Texas Board of Legal Specialization is a specialized group of attorneys that must obtain exceptional experience in a specific area of law, pass a comprehensive exam, and complete ongoing continuing legal education in that specialized area. Additionally, Ms. Stout is certified as a mediator by the A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center.


1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars
(No Ratings Yet)